Wednesday 10 May 2017

Meet our students - Welcome back Amanda!

This is Amanda –I’m back for another field season (i.e., my fifth here at the Beaverlodge Research Farm)! 

I will be continuing my M.Sc. degree studying wheat midge monitoring this year. I have another field season of data to collect. If you don’t remember how I started last field season, you can read that post here

I’ve been busy even though I’ve been away from the Farm for the past few months. A graduate student’s life is full of data analysis, writing reports and taking classes when we’re not out in the field but sometimes we get to do something fun. I recently participated in the finals of the 3 minute thesis competition at the University of Alberta. If you are interested in learning a bit more about wheat midge research you can watch it here:





I’m looking forward to another field season here at the Farm researching wheat midge monitoring!
Figure 1. Enjoying some of Alberta's great views during my down time (Photo: S. Dufton).