Wednesday 9 February 2022

Welcome Jordon!

Greetings, I am Jordon Chan – currently a Research Assistant in the Integrated Pest Management (IPM) at the Beaverlodge Research Farm. I started with the program in early December and I will be working with them until late April 2022. 

In terms of my background, I studied at the Red Deer College/Polytechnic, earning a General Kinesiology Diploma in 2013 prior to initiating studies at the University of Alberta where I earned my Bachelor of Science with Specialization in Microbiology as well as a Research Certificate in Biological Sciences in 2017. I am currently focusing on an online M.Sc. in International Security at the Paris Graduate School and a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration at Thompson Rivers University. 

My curiosity has led me to travel and new experiences. I've travelled to the island of Bonaire in the Caribbean Netherlands, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Eastern Canada, and the Southeastern Continental USA. As part of my current job, the processing of wireworm pitfall samples for the AAF-SRDP 2019E13R Biodiversity Project, has developed a new intrigue with the diversity in carabids, staphylinids, and elaterids. I like to be active and about with pursuits ranging from training, studying, SCUBA diving, dancing, hiking, or camping in my rooftop tent.


“We are small giants in this massive world”