Wednesday 10 May 2017

Meet our students - Welcome back Kaitlin!

Hi, my name is Kaitlin Freeman and this is my fourth summer returning to work at the Beaverlodge Research Farm

I just completed my second year of my Bachelor of Science in Registered Nursing at Grande Prairie Regional College. I am very excited to be involved with the Integrated Pest Management program once again this summer, and I am looking forward to expanding my existing knowledge on some of the common pests we monitor in the Peace River Northern Alberta region such as; Flea beetles, Diamondback Moths, Bertha Armyworm, Wheat Mmidge, and Red Clover Casebearers. 

This week has been all about preparing for the upcoming collecting season and teaching our new students about the different projects that will be taking place in our lab this summer (Figure 1). 


Figure 1.  Kaitlin supervising pheromone trap set up near Beaverlodge AB in 2017.